I’m founder of Opinosis Analytics, an AI consulting company. I bring AI to companies through strategy initiatives, technical advisory and text analytics.
I received my Ph.D. in computer science in the area of Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Search from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and my Masters degree from University of Southern California.
I’ve authored over ten first author papers at top tier data mining and NLP publications such as WWW, COLING, NAACL, IEEE Big Data and Information Retrieval Journal. I’m also an inventor on several AI patents. My thesis was related to sentiment analysis and summarization.
Explore the links below to learn more about me and my work.
Built From Scratch
- Sentiment Analysis & Text Summarization used by organizations like Flipkart
- Repo-topics recommendations on GitHub
- Clinical text parser for 3M Health
- Programming language detection for GitHub
- Large-scale phrase extractor for general use
- Tool for evaluating text summarization systems for general use
- A popular sentence clustering API for general use
- To get in touch with me, send me a message on Twitter or email me
- To follow my articles, subscribe to my blog
Speaking / Panels
- Tech Talk @ SLC Data Science (2019)
- AI Panel @ Activate (2018)
- Tech Talk @ Activate (2018)
- Coding Language Detection with Artificial Neural Networks
- How to Build Industrial Strength NLP Solutions?
- Getting value out of Word2Vec
- Incorporating phrases into Word2Vec
- Extracting topics from text – at scale
Below are articles that cover some of my work and opinions on various topics:
- Lucidworks – Why Adoption of AI is Slow?
- GoSkills – What is Big Data?
- SD Times – Topic Extraction
- University Herald – GitHub Topics
- Venture Beat – GitHub Topics
- The New Stack – Lang Detection
- Neo4J on Graph Databases
- Max De Marzi on Opinosis Summarization
- Dzone on Opinosis
- KDNuggets on FindiLike
- Techopedia – Optimizing data science processes