I am a Data Scientist with expertise in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Text Mining and Search. Over the last decade, I’ve worked for various technology organizations including GitHub (Microsoft), 3M Health Information Systems and eBay. My expertise is in zeroing in on business goals and coming up with strategic solutions to hard data problems. I’ve done work on extracting insights from data, recommendation systems, sentiment analysis, text classification, search enhancements and text summarization.
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science with a focus on Text Mining, Machine Learning and Search from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. I’ve authored over ten first author papers at top tier Data Mining and NLP venues such as WWW, COLING, NAACL, IEEE Big Data and Information Retrieval Journal. Browse the links below to learn more.
- To get in touch with me, connect with me on LinkedIn or send me a an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaking / Panels
- AI Panel @ Activate 2018
- Tech Talk @ Activate 2018
- Coding Language Detection with Artificial Neural Networks
- How to Build Industrial Strength NLP Solutions?
- Getting value out of Word2Vec
- Incorporating phrases into Word2Vec
- Extracting topics from text – at scale
Below are articles that cover some of my work and opinions on various topics:
- Lucidworks – Why Adoption of AI is Slow?
- GoSkills – What is Big Data?
- SD Times – Topic Extraction
- University Herald – GitHub Topics
- Venture Beat – GitHub Topics
- Neo4J on Graph Databases
- Max De Marzi on Opinosis Summarization
- Dzone on Opinosis
- KDNuggets on FindiLike
- Techopedia – Optimizing data science processes