I am a Data Scientist with expertise in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Text Mining and Search. Over the last decade, I’ve developed AI and Data Science Solutions for companies like GitHub (Microsoft), 3M Health Information Systems and eBay as well as a handful of startups.
My expertise is in zeroing in on business goals and coming up with robust solutions that stand the test of time, to hard data problems. My work over the years has involved extracting insights from unstructured data, designing and developing customized recommendation systems, sentiment analysis, developing high-accuracy text classifiers, search enhancements and text summarization.
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science with a focus on Text Mining, Machine Learning and Search from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. I’ve authored over ten first author papers at top tier Data Mining and NLP venues such as WWW, COLING, NAACL, IEEE Big Data and Information Retrieval Journal. Browse the links below to learn more.
- To get in touch with me, connect with me on LinkedIn or send me a an email at email@example.com.
Speaking / Panels
- Tech Talk @ SLC Data Science (2019)
- AI Panel @ Activate (2018)
- Tech Talk @ Activate (2018)
- Coding Language Detection with Artificial Neural Networks
- How to Build Industrial Strength NLP Solutions?
- Getting value out of Word2Vec
- Incorporating phrases into Word2Vec
- Extracting topics from text – at scale
Below are articles that cover some of my work and opinions on various topics:
- Lucidworks – Why Adoption of AI is Slow?
- GoSkills – What is Big Data?
- SD Times – Topic Extraction
- University Herald – GitHub Topics
- Venture Beat – GitHub Topics
- The New Stack – Lang Detection
- Neo4J on Graph Databases
- Max De Marzi on Opinosis Summarization
- Dzone on Opinosis
- KDNuggets on FindiLike
- Techopedia – Optimizing data science processes