I’m a Data Scientist with expertise in Natural Language processing, Machine Learning, Text Mining and Search. Over the last decade, I have led, developed and scaled AI projects for companies like Microsoft, 3M Health and eBay as well as various startups and mid-sized organizations.
My expertise is zeroing in on business goals and coming up with robust solutions to hard data problems that stand the test of time. My work over the years has involved:
- Designing and developing text mining engines
- Designing and developing high-accuracy text classifiers
- Text analytics to enable data-driven decision making
- Topic modeling and extraction
- Document clustering
- Sentiment analysis for CX improvement
- Designing and developing customized recommendation systems
- Search engine development and improvement
- Text summarization systems
- Clinical/Healthcare NLP
Through my blog, I also teach engineers, leaders, entrepreneurs and data scientists on how to build and scale NLP and Machine Learning applications for the real world.
I received my Ph.D. in computer science with a focus on Text Mining, Machine Learning and Search from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. My thesis was on developing an opinion-driven decision support system encompassing different research topics in sentiment analysis. I’ve authored over ten first author papers at top tier data mining and NLP publications such as WWW, COLING, NAACL, IEEE Big Data and Information Retrieval Journal. I’m also an inventor on several A.I. patents.
Explore the links below to learn more about me and my work.
Built From Scratch
- Text Summarizer used by organizations like Flipkart
- Repo-topics recommendations on GitHub
- Clinical text parser for 3M Health
- Programming language detection for GitHub
- Large-scale phrase extractor for general use
- Tool for evaluating text summarization systems for general use
- A popular sentence clustering API for general use
- To get in touch with me, connect with me on LinkedIn with a message or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To follow my blog, subscribe to my blog and follow me on Twitter.
Speaking / Panels
- Tech Talk @ SLC Data Science (2019)
- AI Panel @ Activate (2018)
- Tech Talk @ Activate (2018)
- Coding Language Detection with Artificial Neural Networks
- How to Build Industrial Strength NLP Solutions?
- Getting value out of Word2Vec
- Incorporating phrases into Word2Vec
- Extracting topics from text – at scale
Below are articles that cover some of my work and opinions on various topics:
- Lucidworks – Why Adoption of AI is Slow?
- GoSkills – What is Big Data?
- SD Times – Topic Extraction
- University Herald – GitHub Topics
- Venture Beat – GitHub Topics
- The New Stack – Lang Detection
- Neo4J on Graph Databases
- Max De Marzi on Opinosis Summarization
- Dzone on Opinosis
- KDNuggets on FindiLike
- Techopedia – Optimizing data science processes